The Continuous Improvement Engineer will provide support to Distribution Operations teams with a Regional DC by identifying bottlenecks in quality and efficiency and facilitating solutions cross-functionally to improve performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement most effective and efficient logistics process improvements.
- Conducts cross-functional meetings in support of initiatives to develop key measures of success and monitor performance against these measures.
- Develops and maintains engineered standards, standard operating procedures, and Labor Reporting system.
- Works with operations team to develop labor reporting.
- Performs work measurement analysis using time studies or predetermined motion time systems to develop optimal process.
- Generates process layouts to facilitate best practices and proper flow in work area.
- Develops Standard Cost Models for use in process improvement analysis.
- Performs a cost-benefit analysis to evaluate the financial feasibility of potential process improvements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is required
- 3-5 years of engineering experience in a distribution environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to travel (up to 25% of the time).
- Experience building engineered labor standards