We are seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join a well-respected client. This person will be responsible for developing and continually improving production equipment, processes and methods within a large manufacturing facility.
Major areas of responsibility include,
- Performing time studies to find areas of opportunity to improve efficiency
- Coordinate the purchase of special equipment, materials, or parts and ensure they meet specifications and quality standards.
- Create product specifications and detailed assembly instructions.
- Report on work assignments, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays. Recommend technology or computer aids, product design changes and workspace layout modification to existing production standards to achieve optimum quality and efficiency.
- Develop a successful workflow, adapt to changing conditions, and develop new equipment, procedures, and policies to increase efficiency in all operations.
- Engage with quality, engineering and manufacturing regarding the non-conforming materials (NCM’s) process seeking resolution to issues that meet both the Company and customer’s expectations.
- Manage transition from old products being discontinued to new products being introduced.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum, Bachelor Degree and 3+ years of experience in a similar engineering position
- Ability to read and understand machining & assembly drawings
- Ability to objectively review, understand and organize data
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Process Improvement using quality tools (5-why’s, corrective action, 8-D, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers; problem resolution skills; understand competitive market; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high-volume environment.