Reporting to an Engineering Manager, the Sr. Process Engineer will operate in a manufacturing environment and be responsible for bringing new products and processes to market on time and within budget. They will have a strong focus on process improvement and waste elimination in their responsible areas and will work closely with Production and Quality stakeholders to achieve their objectives.
- Act as lead technical point of contact for external customers and internal organization.
- Lead kick-off meetings for new product/process introductions
- Develop manufacturing processes, in particular robotic programs capable of producing to specification, verify capability, and qualify processes from kick-off through full production release
- Support production costs quotation and related feasibility study as needed. Project leadership to continually decrease manufacturing costs.
- - Determine and approve the process standards of a new component, meet NPI qualification stage gates and milestones, and provide customer products corresponding to the required quality specifications.
- - Develop, check, and improve component standards in order to promote actions for cost savings and process standard improvement.
- - Participate in Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects. Utilize 8D and DMAIC approach to problem solving and non-conformances.
- - Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to improve Key Performance Indicators for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- - Participate in Kaizen events, promote positive employee environment, and community involvement.
- - Working in the Company's Quality and Safety System context, in accordance with its procedures and requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Robotics
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant Engineering field with demonstrated success in achieving process improvement, process implementation, qualification from ideation to full production launch
- Thermal spray, APS coating experience, and capability to understand the coating production process are preferred.
- Must be able to access controlled technologies.
- New Product Introduction or Advanced Product Quality Planning experience is required.
- New company startup and/or Joint Venture experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Solid Works and Minitab. Knowledge of CAM or Robot programming (e.g. RobotStudio) software is a plus. Knowledge of CN programming is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills and experience interacting with all levels of customers, including technical managers.
- Experience with ERP systems, including creation and management of bill of materials is preferred.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.