Strategic Sourcing Specialist
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will develop and execute strategies / tactics in alignment with the company's business goals and requirements. This leader is expected to drive corporate profitability through reduction of the total cost of ownership across the supply base by managing and facilitating streamlined joint sourcing and negotiation activities. They are responsible for developing and managing project plans, resources, timelines, and deliverables; working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to address challenges and opportunities as it relates to costing, supply base risk, SKU specifications, and negotiations.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for delivering negotiated cost savings on an annual basis through proactive analysis, cost change negotiations, and category deep dives
· Meeting with all relevant teams, managing communication and development of suppliers, managing request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP) projects, and analyzing total proposal value (cost, supplier qualification, freight, etc.) to determine best course of action.
· Develop negotiation strategy and position; Analyze cost proposals including the elements of cost
· Track and report on impact from margin and/or value improvement projects.
· Own and develop the qualified supplier matrix for specific commodities / categories
· Collaborate with peers for cross divisional alignment.
· Other strategic sourcing projects as assigned
· Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external suppliers in a constructive and collaborative manner
· Ability to consolidate, analyze, and effectively communicate complex data
· Ability to work cross-functionally and across teams
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
· Excellent analytical and project management skills
· Critical thinking and decision making: The ability to solve complex problems and think through both tangible (holistic supply chain costs) and intangible (future value of supplier relationships) factors in making decisions for the company
· Demonstrates strong analytical capability in commodity research nd trending impact to supply chain
· Experience in supplier assessment and selection
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent experience, MBA preferred but not required.
Experience: 2-4 years of strategic sourcing experience
Software: High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Advanced to expert experience with excel is preferred.